Join Schneider Electric and power your career!
Discover the opportunity to join an international, dynamic, and responsible company that fosters the development of all its people around the world. Every day, we empower employees to achieve more and experience exciting careers. Find out how our values and unique position make Schneider Electric the employer of choice.
This position has a home office in Columbia Maryland with Project Locations throughout the United States. Requires supervision of 4 personnel in the DMV area, and subcontractors for other locations. Implement a comprehensive Service agreement including planned, preventive, and reactive maintenance. Ensures that each project assigned is completed on time and on budget. This role also requires participation as a key stake holder in new projects related to the maintained systems. Travel outside of the DMV region will be minimal.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each primary duty that is given satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the primary duties.
• Customer communications
• Maintenance staff supervision
• Maintain proper stock and inventory
• Oversee and coordinate subcontractors on related projects
• Interview, hire, train, mentor, evaluate, and when necessary, terminate project personnel or make related recommendations in accordance with company policies
• Quality Control of contract requirements
• Prepare and submit documentation as required
• Ensure timely billing of project throughout the installation
• Supervise design applications, diagnose and troubleshoot software and hardware issues
• Participate in or lead small field audits and related analysis and results and performance assurance of installed systems
• May establish sales estimates or meet performance guarantees
• Signature level authority as indicated by the Authorization Level Document.
• Other duties may be assigned
QUALIFICATIONS: The requirements listed below are representative of the education, experience, skills and/or abilities required. An individual must meet the minimum requirements as listed in each Qualifications subsection.
• Four-year degree required or related work experience
• Software House Certification
• 5 years experience in Software House Technical Support, installation, and project management
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• PMP Certification a plus
• PE license a plus
• Virginia DCJS certification a plus
• Strong leadership skills including, team leading, employee mentoring and development, and the ability to empower others through delegating responsibility.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office programs including but not limited to, Word and Excel
• Strong basic math skills
• Strong customer service skills
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the primary duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the primary duties.
Moving over rough or uneven surfaces; recurring bending, crouching, stooping, stretching, reaching, or similar activities; recurring lifting of moderately heavy to light items. Transporting of items such as a laptop computer and luggage; driving an automobile, etc.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the primary duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the primary duties.
While performing the primary duties of the job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions. Employee may work in different environments while on various job sites.
Care. Connect. Challenge. Commit.
Our values define our company. Who we are, our customer approach, how we do business, what it’s like to work here, and the kind of people we want to attract and retain. We care for our planet, our customers, our company, our team, and ourselves. We connect to customers and colleagues; we are open and respectful. We challenge others and embrace challenges ourselves. We commit to change by leading the change. At Schneider Electric, because we value our employees, we offer a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision, matching 401(k), training and development opportunities and much more. Join Schneider Electric and together, let’s make the most of your energy.